November 3, 2017

Onesima Martinez is Newest APAC Member

Onesema Martinez, APAC’s newest member.
ONESEMA MARTINEZ, Director of Administrative Operations for the Department of Medicine Division of Hematology/Oncology, is the latest AP to become an APAC member.

“I JOINED APAC to become more involved in helping UIC and other AP employees in voicing our opinion of thing happening on campus,” she said. “I want to help if I can concerning policies and procedures, and to inform AP employees about any new information, events, changes, or policies.

“I WANT to be informed,” Martinez continued. “I hope we learn from each other and spread the word to other AP employees. I hope to become more knowledgeable and be able to make a difference for AP employees. I also hope to network.”

MARTINEZ’S TOP issues as an APAC Member are audit conversions, pensions, and future salary increases.

WHEN NOT at UIC, Martinez spends time with her husband, Brian Guzman; son Ricardo Elias Moreno, 18; son Aiden Xavier Guzman, 2; and granddaughter Yuritzi Sophia, 7 months. She, along with her siblings, had been a caretaker for her mother, who recently passed away. Martinez also enjoys finding recipes to cook healthy meals.

MARTINEZ has worked at UIC since 2004. She said, “I started with the Division of Nephrology, working in the National Institutes of Health Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort Study” [NIH CRIC]. “This was a research study for patients with kidney disease. I did the hands-on for research, recruiting patients, case report forms, screening, baseline, phone visits, an data entry. In 2008 I moved to Hem/Onc to do invoice vouchers, POs, etc. In 2010, I became the director.”

No comments:

Post a Comment