ILLINOIS CONNECTION, the advocacy network for the University of Illinois (see http://www.ic.uillinois.edu/news.html), recently provided a new list of interesting facts:
- The University produces more than $13 billion in direct and indirect economic impact on the State of Illinois, including the creation of more than 150,000 jobs.
- For every dollar the State of Illinois spends on the University, the three campuses generated more than $17 into the State economy.
- The UIC Medical Center is the State’s largest public healthcare facility.
- UIC is the principal educator of Illinois’ physicians, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals.
- UIC is among the 96 universities in the nation that are classified by the Carnegie Foundation as having very high research activity.