THE STATE Universities Retirement System (SURS) is offering a variety of seminars and webinars in upcoming months. To view the description and dates for each seminar/webinar go to http://www.surs.org/seminars-webinars. Registration is required.
UPCOMING TOPICS are:
- For new hires: Plan Choice Webinar Tier II--Looking Down The Road: Choosing Your Retirement Path.
- For new or current self-managed plan (SMP) members: Self-Managed Plan Webinars--Navigating The Self-Managed Plan (SMP).
- For pre-retirement personnel: Understanding Your SURS Benefits – Webinar Tier I.
THE WEBINARS listed above are approved for Academic Professionals and are events under Civil Service Policy and Rules, Rule 11.12. Employees may be released from work to attend, University operations permitting, and subject to prior supervisor approval.
THE FULL-DAY pre-retirement seminars/webinars listed below are not approved events for excused time; therefore, employees who attend during scheduled work hours must obtain prior approval from theirs supervisor and use leave time in accordance with University policy:
- Retirement Education Seminars for Traditional and Portable Plans in Champaign.
- Retirement Education Seminars for Traditional and Portable Plans in Naperville.
- Self-Managed Plan Pre-Retirement Seminars/Webinars.