October 16, 2018

CUPPA Student Amber Ghosh Takes on APAC Role

Amber Ghosh.
APAC HAS a new Graduate Assistant this year. Serving in that role is Amber Ghosh, who is working on earning a Master’s Degree in Urban Planning and Public Policy in the College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs (CUPPA) at UIC.

FOR APAC, she noted, she is “largely responsible for arranging meetings, distributing agendas, taking meeting minutes, maintaining the APAC and Pacademy listservs, updating the APAC website, assisting other members with any of their duties, and other administrative tasks.”

GHOSH ALSO will help launch a Professional Development program for UIC staff.

SHE NOTED that she would like “to give APAC a bigger presence online, and keep both Academic Professionals and the public promptly updated on the work we do and the workshops we hold.”

FOOD AND family take up Ghosh’s time when she is not at UIC. “I am huge foodie,” she said. “I love all cuisines. I also travel when I can to visit family. I am in and out of Chicago, Toronto, Detroit, and San Francisco throughout the year.”

AS FOR Ghosh’s future plans, “I’ve known for a few years now that I want to work as a transportation planner,” she said. “Coming from Toronto and pursuing my undergrad there, I already see the similarities and can definitely see CUPPA at UIC being able to give me the skillsets to do so, especially in a city such as Chicago.”

GHOSH EARNED her Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Studies with a concentration in Planning, Policy, and Politics at York University in Toronto. She has performed two transportation planning internships and three urban planning and transportation research projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment