THE UIC Red Car/Off-Hour Paratransit Service is an escort service that provides transportation to University employees, students, visitors, and other authorized individuals between University facilities and from University facilities to points of public transportation, or to private residences within a designated area.
THE VEHICLE used for this purpose is popularly known as the "Red Car" and operates within the following general boundaries:
- Halsted Street on the east
- Western Avenue on the west
- Eisenhower Expressway on the north
- Roosevelt Road on the south
TO REQUEST service call (312) 996-6800.
- Red Car Service hours of operation: 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Red Car Service operates seven days per week, including holidays.
- In order to provide prompt and efficient service a one-hour lead-time is requested (but not mandatory) for customers requiring Paratransit Service.
- Proof of residency may be requested when providing service to private residence.
- UIC identification (i-Card) must be presented to driver when boarding.